struts-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Lauri Lehtinen (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (WW-4587) LocalizedTextUtil not caching negative ResourceBundle.getBundle results
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2016 17:51:40 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4587?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Lauri Lehtinen updated WW-4587:
-------------------------------
    Description: 
I have a few websites running as under single Tomcat packaged as separate war files. Recently,
I have started to run into issues with thread starvation, which seems to stem from Struts
2. Specifically, calls to ResourceBundle.getBundle via LocalizedTextUtil.findResourceBundle
end up contending on the lock for WebAppClassLoader.

When testing things locally, it looks like the findResourceBundle is called numerous times
for each <s:text> tag, with various bundle names being tried, many resulting in a MissingResourceException
which does not get cached.

I will attach a couple of thread dumps that exemplify the situation.

If you suspect this is caused by something I am doing wrong on my end, please do let me know!

> LocalizedTextUtil not caching negative ResourceBundle.getBundle results
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: WW-4587
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4587
>             Project: Struts 2
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: Core Actions
>    Affects Versions: 2.3.24
>            Reporter: Lauri Lehtinen
>
> I have a few websites running as under single Tomcat packaged as separate war files.
Recently, I have started to run into issues with thread starvation, which seems to stem from
Struts 2. Specifically, calls to ResourceBundle.getBundle via LocalizedTextUtil.findResourceBundle
end up contending on the lock for WebAppClassLoader.
> When testing things locally, it looks like the findResourceBundle is called numerous
times for each <s:text> tag, with various bundle names being tried, many resulting in
a MissingResourceException which does not get cached.
> I will attach a couple of thread dumps that exemplify the situation.
> If you suspect this is caused by something I am doing wrong on my end, please do let
me know!



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message