struts-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "David Connard (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (WW-2367) Custom StrutsTypeConverter's convertToString not called
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 06:11:05 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-2367?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=44008#action_44008
] 

David Connard commented on WW-2367:
-----------------------------------

Re: "Don Brown and has indicated this was fixed in some later version" - sorry, but I don't
think this is the case.

I have run into this issue on Struts 2.0.11, and have just spend half a day upgrading to Struts
2.1.2 in the hope that it might be fixed there.... with no luck.

Yes, I ran into the issue in particular with a <s:select> tag.  It appears that the
toString() method of my DAO objects is being called instead of the convertToString() method
of my StrutsTypeConvertor.  If however I put the "current" DAO object into an <s:textfield>,
I do go via the appropriate convertToString() method.

Any idea when we can expect a fix...?  This is an annoying issue - meaning we have to manually
specify how to convert each set of <s:select> list data.

> Custom StrutsTypeConverter's convertToString not called
> -------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: WW-2367
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-2367
>             Project: Struts 2
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 2.0.11
>            Reporter: Bob Tiernay
>            Assignee: Don Brown
>            Priority: Critical
>             Fix For: Future
>
>
> It appears as though a class that is registered in xwork-conversion.properties that extends
StrutsTypeConverter will never have it's convertToString method invoked as part of the normal
ognl processing.  This is most evident in the case of a converter that is required in a <s:select>
tag.  
> An interesting thing to note is that XWorkConverter is being invoked rather than StrutsTypeConverter.
 Also TextParseUtil.translateVariables appears to not be able to find the correct converter
in this context.
> A few other users have also noticed this issue and have commented on it here:
> http://www.nabble.com/Re:-TypeConverter-problems-p13545755s2369.html
> http://www.nabble.com/Struts-2-Multi-Level-Type-Conversion-t4802911.html
> http://www.nabble.com/-S2--Issue-with-Type-Conversion-and-Select-Boxes-t4864875.html
> http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/user@struts.apache.org/7986658.html
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.struts.user/148485
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.struts.user/148294
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.appfuse.user/28961
> http://www.roseindia.net/tutorialhelp/comment/25324

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message