struts-dev mailing list archives

From John Bush <jtb...@mchsi.com>
Subject Re: Standard Accepted Patterns in DefaultAcceptedPatternsChecker
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2020 00:34:43 GMT
Yes I've had to use misc concats, weird escaping, even making sure the
string portion of the name was first to make sure it didn't treat it
mathematically and to keep the taglibs from interfering with my names.
Mixing front end frameworks leads to weird results sometimes also since
they resolve the <tag>contents</tag> to what makes sense for them. Over
the years I just got accustomed to avoiding 'specials' in names in
languages not strongly typed.

John !:)

On 1/29/2020 5:48 AM, Ing. Andrea Vettori wrote:
>> On 29 Jan 2020, at 01:48, John Bush <jtbush@mchsi.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've had problems in some frameworks confusing the parser using operators this way.
Since java maps allow any object as the key, such as Number or it's sub-classes, you get into
issues where the page tech (jsp,js,various taglibs,et al) makes Map[key-1] into Map[1-1] then
into Map[0]. I basically stay away from arithmetic operators unless I am performing math for
that reason. I think what is there is reasonable for the wider audience and that providing
the ability to specify your own is a reasonable solution.

> Does that happen even when you use the ’string’ format i.e. you make it explicit
that it’s a string using the quotes ?