struts-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksandr Mashchenko <amashche...@apache.org>
Subject I18nInterceptor session creation
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2019 20:33:10 GMT
Hello.

Can someone shed some light on why I18nInterceptor no longer creates
session in SessionLocaleHandler#store method? [1] [2]

What was wrong with previous behavior?

After all, it is `Storage.SESSION` storage which should operate on
session. If someone doesn't want to use session then `Storage.NONE` can
be used.

Currently we are facing issue when first request comes with
`request_locale` parameter, it changes locale but doesn't store it to
session because session is not yet created, hence second request w/o
`request_locale` will use default locale.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4741

[2] https://github.com/apache/struts/pull/207

---
Regards,