struts-dev mailing list archives

From Yasser Zamani <yasserzam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts showcase integration tests
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2018 19:30:22 GMT

On 2018/12/20 17:06:39, Yasser Zamani <yasserzamani@apache.org> wrote:

> On 2018/11/21 07:57:09, Yasser Zamani <yasserzamani@apache.org> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Do you know or could you recall please how those tests at it.org.apache.struts2.showcase
could be run? I wonder if we can develop and then include those in our build to gain huge
improvement in our overall test coverage.

> [INFO] Penetrating "In-process Web Integration Tests with Jetty and JWebUnit ... runs
with no application server, no separate deployment step" [1] instead of burdening Apache build
servers with docker!
> [INFO] With this approach, it's easier to aggregate and excel current test coverage.
> [DEBUG] showcase can commence on org.eclipse.jetty.Server but then hangs on replying
to requests!
> [INFO] [1] http://johannesbrodwall.com/2006/12/10/in-process-web-integration-tests-with-jetty-and-jwebunit/

Resolved [1].

However, @dev please advice if you have an idea or a working web integration tests coverage
reporting. (At my side, gathering integration tests coverage using current available tools
had different levels of hardship. According to my numerous probes in internet my PR [2] finally
should work but I'm baffled why it reports 0% coverage on classes that jetty covers. The first
phase is the showcase classes itself. The second phase is recording e.g. when we have an integration
test in showcase which uses e.g. a class from DWR plugin module. I think it needs to add dependencies
not as jar but as classes but this idea is thoroughly absurd according to maven mutli-module
architecture and philosophy.)

Regards.

[1] https://travis-ci.org/apache/struts/jobs/472377214#L9881
[2] https://github.com/apache/struts/pull/301/files#diff-600376dffeb79835ede4a0b285078036R214