struts-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Smith <dr.louis.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Testing Results
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2018 16:00:31 GMT
Sirs:

I have been testing moving my apps to Wildfly 15 running under OpenJDK11.
I used 11 to re-build one of my legacy struts 2 applications, using

<struts.version>2.5.16</struts.version>
<tiles.version>3.0.8</tiles.version>

The application built, deployed - and the APIs ran, but no struts action
would map.  All threw the no mapping for namespace "/" and action named
<whatever>

I traced it to ASM in convention plugin, and fixed it via:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.ow2.asm</groupId>
    <artifactId>asm</artifactId>
    <version>7.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.ow2.asm</groupId>
    <artifactId>asm-commons</artifactId>
    <version>7.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
    <artifactId>struts2-core</artifactId>
    <version>${struts.version}</version>
</dependency>

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
    <artifactId>struts2-convention-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>${struts.version}</version>
    <exclusions>
        <exclusion>
            <groupId>org.ow2.asm</groupId>
            <artifactId>asm</artifactId>
        </exclusion>
        <exclusion>
            <groupId>org.ow2.asm</groupId>
            <artifactId>asm-commons</artifactId>
        </exclusion>
    </exclusions>
</dependency>

Once this was done, the application worked again.

Louis