struts-dev mailing list archives

From John Bush <jtb...@mchsi.com>
Subject Re: struts2-portlet-plugin dependency issue
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2018 17:15:57 GMT
I'm by no means a struts inner-workings expert so the following
statements may totally be wrong. I'm not sure a portlet guru is needed
since the problem isn't in struts2-portlet-plugin. It still provides the
portlet request/response life-cycle emulation for the application
appropriately with no reliance on Spring Portlet MVC. That said I am
also not a mocking guru either. I'm not sure how involved it would be to
recreate the mocked classes required that
org.springframework.mock.web.portlet provided.
What's the process to create a bug? I'd like the problem documented if
it's supported, there might be others using it. If I have to solve it
I'll do my best to do it in a way it can be contributed back.
Just to make you aware there is a new portlet spec pretty much final -
JSR 362: Portlet Specification 3.0. You might need a caveat added to
struts2-portlet-plugin stating the specs supported.
Thanks - John B