struts-dev mailing list archives

From John Bush <jtb...@mchsi.com>
Subject Re: struts2-portlet-plugin dependency issue
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2018 10:10:13 GMT
The missing package org.springframework.mock.web.portlet was in spring-test. If you use the
appropriate spring-test 5 then struts2-junit-plugin will fail with class not found. If you
test using spring-test 4 then struts2-junit-plugin will run but all the tests for anything
using Spring 5 would be at risk or at least questionable. As Spring moves on 5+ the risk goes
up and the unit testing confidence goes down. For now I'll have to stick with Spring 4 until
I find a longer term solution.
Thanks for the suggestion - John B