struts-dev mailing list archives

From Yasser Zamani <yasserzam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changes on the validator field-validator required
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2018 12:51:04 GMT

On 2/23/2018 2:40 PM, Greg Huber wrote:
> We use  <field-validator type="required"> validator to make sure null is
> not passed, but if I use a double it does not now validate, it wants a
> Double for it to work.
>
> Has there been any changes, or has it always been like this?

Did you mean it works in some versions as you expect?

I think the primitive type double, cannot be null at all in java and
automatically will be initialized to 0 by java i.e. you don't need a
null validator in such situations. The non-primitive type Double, can.
This may explain why when you change your type to Double it starts working.

Regards.