struts-dev mailing list archives

From Yasser Zamani <yasserzam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts 2.6
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2017 14:08:06 GMT
> On 11/27/2017 2:22 PM, Lukasz Lenart wrote:
>> Struts 2.5.14 is officially out so we can start working on Struts 2.6 :)
>>
>> I think we can basically merge all the open PRs, adjust Servlet API
>> version and release a first beta version :)
>> https://github.com/apache/struts/pulls

On 11/17/2017 3:46 PM, René Gielen wrote: [1]
> +1 - not again - please don't use "Servlet 3" in any name. "Async" is the asset, so let's
name it like that
> It's also valid for Servlet 4.0, isn't it? :) We should better stay with features than
with version numbers, we had this problem already with adding the 2 to the product brand name
(Struts 2) - will a 3.0 release called Struts 3 or Struts 2 3.x ?? Same goes for Servlet versioning.
So I'm still +1 for a refactoring

I am wondering why we don't solve this one time for ever in 2.6 major
version? In technical point-of-view we can simply refactor all Struts 2
to Struts and then just preparing a migration guide.

I know there are maybe a lot of works and side effects but they will be
finished one they and the world will forget, I think. What do you think?

Regards.

[1] https://github.com/apache/struts/pull/179#issuecomment-345228928