struts-dev mailing list archives

From Yasser Zamani <yasser.zam...@live.com>
Subject Re: Struts 2.3.14
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2017 15:52:04 GMT

On 11/9/2017 8:38 PM, Lukasz Lenart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> All issues were fixed so I'm going to start a new release process
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/WW/versions/12341572
>
> objections?

Is it possible to postpone to tomorrow or Monday? I have some time and
like to ship a small improvement into 2.5.14's train :)

There are reported issues [1] and [2] which are reported because thrown
exception was not informative and clear or even relative!! The problem
is because DefaultValidatorFactory.<init>.parseValidators() encounters
an exception during injections and Struts does not inject rest
injections and user got NPE in other not related places!

I would like to use recently added Initializable mechanism by Ɓukasz and
remove parseValidators() to init :) This causes all injections done.

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4876?focusedCommentId=16241525&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-16241525
[2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4841?focusedCommentId=16125489&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-16125489