struts-dev mailing list archives

From Yasser Zamani <yasser.zam...@live.com>
Subject Re: AW: JSON & XML serialisation
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2017 10:54:11 GMT

On 11/10/2017 1:07 PM, Christoph.Nenning@bmw.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would prefer standardized "Java API for JSON Processing" just to avoid another dependency
forced on applications.

Doesn't this force user to use a specific jdk version? I also worry for
any issue, we have to wait for long time for the next jdk; even after
the jdk release, usually people cannot upgrade easily ;) I wonder why
java want to ship json into jdk, at all!

> It seems to me selection of json library is like selection of logging lib. There are
some options and everyone wants to use something different. It is hard for a framework to
choose one as that is forced on applications.

+1 I already enabled custom json writer and think it should not be so
hard to bring the json implementation to user choice completely. just
should break some current specific options and let user choice options
as wish via his/her provided library ;)