struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JSON & XML serialisation
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2017 10:37:05 GMT
> I would prefer standardized "Java API for JSON Processing" just to avoid another dependency
forced on applications.

Json API is available since JavaEE 7 which means we have to switch to
Java 8 first, right? BTW. I am really lost in all those JSRs and which
lib I should use :P

> It seems to me selection of json library is like selection of logging lib. There are
some options and everyone wants to use something different. It is hard for a framework to
choose one as that is forced on applications.

I'm looking for alternatives mostly because of security
vulnerabilities or a given lib is outdated (like json-lib we are using
right now in the REST plugin)

Regards
--
Ɓukasz