struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Documentation
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2017 11:23:04 GMT
> Maybe it's better to have docs for each release separately (I thought
> about when we delete a deprecated option then we cannot handle related
> docs nicely).
>
> I investigated how Jekyll's users do such things and found [1]. I took a
> look and it seems we can use git tags for each version then we can write
> a small script which fetch a specified version then generates html
> outputs from them into a separate site folder using Jekyll. e.g. we will
> have http://struts.apache.org/2.5.13/core-developers/

We were there and it didn't work well. I think we can start with a
dedicated branch (in struts-site) and after releasing a new version of
Struts we can merge it back into master and then tag with a name
related to the released version (these are two different Git repos)

Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/