struts-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksandr Mashchenko <amashche...@apache.org>
Subject Squash PR-s
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2017 20:46:40 GMT
Hi,

Right now some PR-s have quit large number of commits. Even PR-s that
fix pretty trivial issues tend to grow fast (test fixes, improving stuff
that came up in the review, etc.)

That makes it harder to pinpoint exact commit that addressed issue at hand.

There is a Squash and merge option [1] on the GitHub for PR-s. I suggest
we should start to use this option along with the common sense. (For
example, adding improvement in one commit and committing tests for it in
another is probably fine in most cases.)

Some random discussions about squashing:

https://github.com/SatelliteQE/robottelo/issues/3803
https://github.com/reenhanced/gitreflow/issues/52

[1]
https://help.github.com/articles/about-pull-request-merges/#squash-and-merge-your-pull-request-commits