struts-dev mailing list archives

From Yasser Zamani <yasser.zam...@live.com>
Subject Re: Support for actors/asynchronous request handling
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2017 08:39:32 GMT

On 10/23/2017 4:07 PM, Christoph Nenning wrote:
> Would it be possible to have servlet-api 3 as optional dependency?

I tried but cannot work. Currently javac cannot union same classes in
same paths ;) Maven says I pick first found class (i.e. cannot pick
union of classes).

> I'm not so happy with reflection but it is ok to get it working initially.

With thanks to Ɓukasz, he pointed out a good thing, abstraction by a
plugin. I thought more and saw reflection maybe makes core somehow
rough-and-tumble. Now I'm going to go with a plugin named
struts-servlet3-plugin. I'll improve the core side-by-side when needed
but carefully I'll keep modularity. The positive point is in future we
are able to import further supports of Servlet3 into that plugin :)