struts-dev mailing list archives

From "upendar devu"<devulapal...@gmail.com>
Subject Upgrding Struts 2.3.1 to 2.5.10.1 - Redirect issues HTTPS to HTTP
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2017 16:11:13 GMT
We are upgrading Struts2 from 2.3.1 to 2.5.10.1 ; redirect  making https:// to http:// . The
following errors in chrome and IE are seen while redirecting  from the popup to main window
redirecting  popup (create user) --- main window (viewdashboard)  - the URL shows https://
to http://

Steps :
1. Logged in the the application built on struts 2 version 2.3.1
2.  it takes to dashboard page  (main page)
3. click on add user link on the main page and then it prompts popup window to input new user
details
4. click on submit button on the popup. The request is sent to rest api (running on other
instance) and user is persisted in DB.  But the expected behavior is the redirect should go
from popup window t main dashboard page  but the popup still remain showing up.
5. See below errors on chrome and IE developers tool.

We are blocked completely due to this issue and need support ASAP. We also reviewed the Apache
server configurations and looks good since its working with current version 2.3.1.

Please suggest and share the solution  in detail. Thank you.

Error in chrome IE developer  :
Mixed Content: The page at 'https://XXXXX/XX/XX/viewdashboard?clear&Id=1&uar=44' was
loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure XMLHttpRequest endpoint 'http://XXX/XX/XX/viewdashboard?uar=44&Id=1'.
This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

Issue in IE
SEC7127: Redirect was blocked for CORS request.
File: account
SCRIPT7002: XMLHttpRequest: Network Error 0x2ef1, Could not complete the operation due to
error 00002ef1.