struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to select which issue to work on?
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 19:12:50 GMT
Hi,

As others already said, pick unassigned issue, post a comment that you
will be working on it, and prepare a PR which references the issue -
just use issue's key in PR's title.

Thank you & Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

> Hi there,
>
> I have some time and energy which I love to spend on helping Struts.
>
> I know it's possible by answering user questions, documentation, examples, unit tests
and providing patch for issues.

> All of them are clear enough for me but some things about issues.
>
> How to avoid parallel duplicate work on an issue? e.g. does 'unassigned' mean no one
already work on it?

> After that, how to select which issue to work on? e.g. is it better to solve old reported
one or newer ones? or between issues with same priority, which things can make help to select
better one to work on?