struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Documentation
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2017 08:33:16 GMT
Hi,

I would like to move our docs (or some part of it) to Markdown and put
them next to our website's source. Existing mechanism of exporting
docs is rather not the best approach, also it isn't possible to engage
community to improve it (as with the core and PRs via GitHub).

My first idea was to export everything from Confluence and convert to
MD but this not the best approach after all - we still need a place to
restrict access for some pages, i.e. security bulletins and so on,
also some pages are to detailed to be part of so common user guides.

So instead of migrating things I think it would be better to start
writing/copy/pasting some parts from wiki directly to website and
create a new/based on old guides. Confluence will be still used for
more detailed explanations of core elements and to manage releases and
so on.

I want to start with
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Getting+Started

or more generally with