struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exception Mapping Annotation seems not inhierted
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 06:52:18 GMT
> Hi
>
> It seems that the struts 2.3.4.1 Exception Mapping annotation cannot be inherited by
the sub-classes. I attempted to put the annotation in the base class but the child class is
unable to inherit the exception mapping. However results view can be inherited. Please advise
?

As far I see, it works that way from the very beginning. You can
always define global-exception-mappings in struts.xml. Also what do
you mean by that the "results view can be inherited" ?
@Results/@Result are defined without "@Inherited" meta-annotation so
they work the same, they aren't inherited by child classes.

Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/