struts-dev mailing list archives

From <dario.liber...@JavelinGroup.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE][FASTTRACK] Struts 2.3.29
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2016 09:57:48 GMT
Hi Greg,

Providing a value explicitly is not typical, most would provide a name and expect Apache Struts
framework to retrieve the value.
Example illustrated here in the documentation: https://struts.apache.org/docs/type-conversion.html#TypeConversion-AnadvancedexampleforindexedListsandMaps

See FILE: MyBeanAction.jsp

<s:iterator value="beanList" id="bean">
     <s:textfield name="beanList(%{bean.id}).name" />
</s:iterator>

That is the same as in simpler cases: https://struts.apache.org/docs/tag-syntax.html

<s:textfield name="postalCode"/>

..."If there is a 'postalCode' property on the value stack, its value will be set to the input
field"...

Notice there is no value attribute provided to the tag in either case, the tag just evaluates
the name expression for you to retrieve the value.

Thanks,
Dario.