struts-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Nenning <Christoph.Nenn...@lex-com.net>
Subject RE: MultiPartRequestWrapper
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 12:42:43 GMT
> > Sounds like an intersting migration strategy. Can you tell us more
about
> it?
>
> Starting from here:
> https://struts.apache.org/docs/comparing-struts-1-and-2.html
>
> we have worked a lot with the first and the third feature, because we
> think them are the keys for a successful migration.
> We have also removed any reference to ActionForm because we don't use
it,
> our view is made in xslt.
> We have also written an xslt to migrate every struts-config.xml to
> struts.xml: it's almost done, even if at this stage we have only tested
> it, but we have not released all the struts.xml in production. Think
about
> 3134 ActionMapping in 396 struts-config!!!
>
> And there is a lot more....

You want to migragte more than 3000 actions in just one release? And you
want to do that with automatic changes in code? And you don't want to use
default classes of struts2 (such as interceptors)?

That is brave.

In our company we migrate usually like this:
- have both versions of struts in the project
- migrate a bunch of actions manually for each release
- test that few actions extensively
- some releases later, when all actions are migrated, remove struts1

Regards,
Christoph