struts-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Nenning <Christoph.Nenn...@lex-com.net>
Subject Re: Upgrade to tiles 3 jcl-over-slf4j
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 15:07:25 GMT
> Should jcl-over-slf4j be in the tiles-core pom?

I see that it is currently the case but I do not need it.

> <snip />
> slf4j-jcl is used to delegate all SLF4J logging to Commons Logging.
> <snip />
> ​and then log4j-jcl to delegate all to Commons Logging to log4j 2

SLF4J can be forwarded to log4j 2 directly with log4j-slf4j-impl. There is
no need to include Commons Logging (if you don't need it for other reasons
than forwarding).

 <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.logging.log4j</groupId>
       <artifactId>log4j-slf4j-impl</artifactId>
 </dependency>

Regards,
Christoph