struts-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Nenning <Christoph.Nenn...@lex-com.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5 BETA1
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 13:50:34 GMT
> I've just added these to my pom
>
> <dependency>
>   <groupId>log4j</groupId>
>   <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
>   <version>1.2.17</version>
> </dependency>

I had the same dependency. Even before struts 2.5-beta. With that I get
the same error as Greg:

> ERROR StatusLogger Log4j2 could not find a logging implementation.
> Please add log4j-core to the classpath. Using SimpleLogger to log to the
console...

And there were no struts log messages at all.

As you don't get that error it may be specific to the app-server. I'm
bound to WebSphere for this app.

> Here is more infor about Log4j 1.x bridge
> http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/migration.html

That basically means to re-write logging config for log4j2, which I had
already to do for the approach in my previous post. (the other approach
was just to use log4j2 as logging impl)

Regards and have a nice weekend,
Christoph