struts-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Nenning <Christoph.Nenn...@lex-com.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5 BETA1
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 08:28:04 GMT
> Wait but Log4j2 can Log4j directly

How to configure that?

Beside the approach I posted earlier I only found the other solution to
throw log4j1 stuff away and create a log4j2 config. Therefore I needed
these 2 jars: log4j-core and log4j-slf4j-impl.
But that caused log messages sent via slf4j-api to appear twice. So more
fiddling is required.

@Greg
> So it wants log4j-core?
> I use org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory  to log stuff in my app.

In your case you would have to add these 2 jars:
- log4j-core
- log4j-jcl
And you would need to create a log4j2 config.

The other approach would be to forward log4j2 messages to commons-logging.
But there seems to be no jar that implements that right now.

Regards,
Christoph