struts-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Nenning <Christoph.Nenn...@lex-com.net>
Subject Re: Bean Validation Plugin in 2.5
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 08:57:44 GMT
> From: Johannes Geppert <jogep@apache.org>
> To: Struts Developers List <dev@struts.apache.org>,
> Date: 27.05.2015 21:18
> Subject: Re: Bean Validation Plugin in 2.5
>
> Just pushed first version of new bean validation plugin.
> In general it is based on Umesh works, but I renamed some thinks and
made
> some small improvements.
> Also I added some first basic test cases. Would be nice if someone likes
> try the new bean validation plugin.
>
> Next step is preparing a example in the showcase app.
>
> Johannes

> web: http://www.jgeppert.com
> twitter: http://twitter.com/jogep

Hi,

finally I had some time to review the plugin. Looks good to me! Good work
Umesh and Johannes. I pushed some minor fixes, like typos in javadoc and
logging, added testcase, fixed generics related warnings (that is hard
with the JSR API ;) ). A maybe more intresting change I made is to use
ObjectFactory instead of Class.forName().

We should add this to docs, maybe put it on this page (or a sub page):
http://struts.apache.org/docs/validation.html

How can I edit it?
Do I need to checkout a SVN repo?

Regards,