struts-dev mailing list archives

From Volker Krebs <volker.kr...@abas.de>
Subject Re: Struts 2.3.18 ready for test
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 12:25:49 GMT
Am 12.11.2014 um 10:07 schrieb Lukasz Lenart:
>> https://github.com/VolkerK/struts-examples/
>> branch develop
>
> Thanks a lot for the example, it was very helpful! Btw. you can
> prepare a PR to push it to the struts-example project :-)
>
> One remark, you cannot use such configuration:
>
> <interceptor-ref name="params">
>      <param name="params">someParameter</param>
> </interceptor-ref>
> <interceptor-ref name="basicStack"/>
>
> as in such case params interceptor will run two times - first as a
> part of defaultStack and second time as a part of basicStack, you must
> use it that way

Actually this is what I wanted to do. A couple of years ago I read
somewhere about the params - prepare - params approach.

First set some paras that are required in the prepare method, and then
after prepare is finished set the some more params (and don't overwrite
the ones from the first params call).

Ok that's probably too much of the domain (back-end) logic pressed into
the struts framework (workflow), but thats how I did it years ago when
I was naive and unexperienced :)