struts-dev mailing list archives

From Volker Krebs <volker.kr...@abas.de>
Subject Re: Struts 2.3.18 ready for test
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2014 09:26:55 GMT
Hello,
we are using the spring object factory in our project.
We have a bean named "localeProvider", so does struts 2.3.18
This was never a Problem before, but now when starting the server I'll
get the exception below.

The class JakartaMultiPartRequest gets a localeProvider injected.
But in struts 2.3.18 our bean named "localeProvider" is found not the
struts2 bean.

Has something changed with the autowire strategy ?
When renaming our bean everything works fine.

impl.DefaultConversionPropertiesProcessor - Conversion registration error
org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert
property value of type [com.ourproject.LocaleProvider] to required type
[com.opensymphony.xwork2.LocaleProvider] for property 'localeProvider';
nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert
value of type [com.ourproject.LocaleProvider] to required type
[com.opensymphony.xwork2.LocaleProvider] for property 'localeProvider':
no matching editors or conversion strategy found
	at
org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.convertForProperty(BeanWrapperImpl.java:391)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.convertForProperty(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1289)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1250)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1010)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireBeanProperties(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:329)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.spring.SpringObjectFactory.autoWireBean(SpringObjectFactory.java:218)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.spring.SpringObjectFactory.buildBean(SpringObjectFactory.java:198)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.spring.SpringObjectFactory.buildBean(SpringObjectFactory.java:164)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.ObjectFactory.buildBean(ObjectFactory.java:178)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.conversion.impl.DefaultTypeConverterCreator.createTypeConverter(DefaultTypeConverterCreator.java:23)