struts-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Nenning <Christoph.Nenn...@lex-com.net>
Subject Re: Submitting patches
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 08:36:32 GMT

> I have updated section how to work with code and I appreciate any
feedback :-)

> http://struts.apache.org/submitting-patches.html

I read that (and related) article carefully last few weeks and found it
quite confusing.

Some things I would change:
- put github section on top, as that is the most important info for
external contributors
- own section about git flow
- section about security patches
- section for commiters
- short note about apache repo for non-commiters (just for completeness,
as contributors should use github instead of that apache repo)

The GitAtApache article really scared me. It is all about the git-svn
thing. That sounds just weird and complicated.

I propose to either add a note that struts does not use git-svn or remove
that link completely.

By the way:
Can I change such content myself?
Is there a wiki login page?
Is that located in the wiki or some static html located elsewhere?

Regards,
Christoph