struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Submitting patches
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 10:35:02 GMT
> Last time I tried to install git flow on centos 6 it was not compatible
> with some packages or other, and was not able to do it.  Maybe because I
> installed git from the git website rather than the older yum version.
>
> What distro do you use?
>
> Also, is there an easier work around for no git flow?

I think we should re-discuss usage of Git-flow in Struts. Some
concepts are right and we can use them without Git-flow in place. And
in most cases Git-flow blocks some operations instead helping us.

Basically you can use native git client and use --no-ff when merging
your future branch back to develop, nothing else is important. Also
dedicated feature / hot-fix / support path are not so important and
very often cause confusion :\

Basically what I want to keep is the usage of develop branch and
merging with --no-ff flag, the rest isn't giving enough value to
bother with ;-)

Regards
--
Ɓukasz