struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Coding Work Flow - GitHub to Apache Git
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 13:18:15 GMT
You can add additional remote like this:

> cd struts
> git remote add abrin git@github.com:abrin/struts.git

And then I can checkout Adam's branch as follow:

> git checkout abrin/feature-WW-4295-localization

or merge it into develop

> git checkout develop
> git merge abrin/feature-WW-4295-localization
> git push

If owner will grant you commit rights, you can even commit to his
repo/branch. There is no option to use Pull Requests directly or merge
them, but the above is sufficient and after some time you will get
used to it ;-)

I'm using GitHub to discuss over code, it's far better than do it via
mailing list. I'm even wondering if not to start using the above
approach for my changes, instead pushing them to Apache Git, wait for
sync and publish PR.

Regards
--
Ɓukasz