struts-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Huber <gregh3...@gmail.com>
Subject LocalizedTextUtil mods
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 12:38:46 GMT
Seeing this mod the other day has reminded me that I do a local change on
LocalizedTextUtil to speed up the screens.

What I do is to add a check to see if the property comes from the
getDefaultMessage(..) method (ie from ApplicationResources.properties) and
if it does skip all the checking that it does (for every request).  If you
have a lot of inheritance or <s:text> and do not use properties / class
name strategy it makes the rendering a whole lot faster.

ie

HashSet<String> set = defaultLocationMap.get(locale.toString());
if(set != null && set.contains(aTextName)){
}

Would this be acceptable here?

Cheers Greg