struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Git flow
Date Sun, 16 Feb 2014 19:47:39 GMT
Hi,

First flow based on "git-flow" is done ;-) Basically it looks ok, the
only problem is with many comments - you can see it here [1]. In that
case each commit was referencing the JIRA issue. It could be omitted
and only finishing (git flow feature finish) commit message can
contain reference to the issue but Apache Git doesn't present any
graph [2] - so it's hard to figure out what changes were introduced
with that "feature" (when you use SourceTree you will see a nice graph
of changes).

Anyway I opt to use only "finishing referencing" - it reduces noise :-)

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-3887
[2] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=struts.git;a=commit;h=ad58c0eff9091449900a38d3b01140d6f58ca460

Regards
--