struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: git commit: Make we sure we handle doubles/longs correctly, for class cast exception.
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 12:13:55 GMT
2014-02-03 Greg Huber <gregh3269@gmail.com>:
> I have always used the default, 80, so for me it is readable (16 font needs
> getting used to). As its also the closest to intellij, but it seems to
> space the indents differently.  Mabe the diff could ignore white space
> changes?

Some examples:

+                               String itemKeyStr = StringUtils
+                                               .defaultString(itemKey
== null ? null : itemKey
+                                                               .toString());

This is bad as one value was splitted over two lines and it wasn't
because of readability but the default. It'd be better:

String itemKeyStr = StringUtils.defaultString(itemKey == null ?
                                                                    null :

itemKey.toString());

Something like that (written by hand)

+                               a.add("type", "hidden")
+                                               .add("id",
+                                                               "__multiselect_"
+
         + StringUtils
+
                         .defaultString(StringEscapeUtils
+
                                         .escapeHtml4(id)))

And this is something odd for me, though I don't have a good option
how it should be formatted.

Thus are just my thoughts, not a religion ;-)

Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/