struts-dev mailing list archives

From foo bar <linut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating libraries
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2013 13:46:29 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for that response, very helpful.
It's just sometimes our code may need to use a later version of a library
that struts also uses, based on this, I think we will need to do a risk
benefit analysis on such occasion.

Just curious though, according to this pom file
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/struts/struts2-core/2.3.15.3/struts2-core-2.3.15.3.pom
It doesn't specify which versions of libraries to use.
For example ognl, wouldn't it use ognl-3.0.8 (the latest in
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/ognl/ognl), which is different from the
bundled/included ognl-3.0.6 ?