struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New logo
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2013 15:47:22 GMT
2013/11/10  <umeshawasthi@gmail.com>:
> Can we get references to some of suggestions?
> May be we can work on some existing one to improve it?

That was my proposal to designer (the logo is prepared by professional
graphic designer, not by me ;-) And Martin mentioned that the term
Struts comes from a bridge not from a car.

That's all :-)

**********************

Yeah... I think some bridge motive it'd be nice to have

And the framework is a general purpose web framework to built Java
based webapps. It bases on MVC pattern (Model-View-Control) and
previously it was know as WebWork. It uses OGNL expression language -
very powerful comparing to others. Quite often is the source of
security vulnerabilities but mostly is our fault as we use it in wrong
way - we like to blame hammer not ourselves

I think you can add some steampunk motives like these below. The
framework suppose to be fast, simple and precise

https://www.google.pl/search?q=steampunk&es_sm=91&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=M5JTUqeyPKHG0AWbjIG4Aw&ved=0CEQQsAQ&biw=1425&bih=986&dpr=1#es_sm=91&q=steampunk+sprocket&tbm=isch

http://www.hometone.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/steampunk_nixie_clock_image_title_m9g27.jpg