struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Registering aliases from within a plugin
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 19:38:37 GMT
Hi,

As I'm working in extracting Velocity support into a plugin, I have
faced a small problem: how to register alias to allow override
VelocityManager by user?

Right now, it is done via BeanSelectionProvider [1] where each class
which can be aliased is defined statically and then the provider is
statically added in Dispatcher [2]. Now I need a way to allow define
the same but inside the plugin.

The first idea is to define a new type of configuration file:
struts-aliases.xml but I would like to have a programmatic way, any
thoughts?

[1] https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/struts/struts2/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/struts2/config/BeanSelectionProvider.java?view=markup#l366
[2] https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/struts/struts2/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/struts2/dispatcher/Dispatcher.java?view=markup#l449

Regards