struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Registering aliases from within a plugin
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2013 09:03:24 GMT
2013/11/19 Rene Gielen <rene.gielen@gmail.com>:
> what is the rationale behind refactoring out velocity support to a
> plugin? For which Struts version are you targeting this proposal?

Velocity support is optional (in theory), you can enable it by adding
Velocity dependencies to classpath. But because of VelocityManager
included in BeanSelectionProvider it's a required dependency. So you
must include Velocity (and all dependent libs as well) even if you
don't use it. I have figured that out when I wanted to upgrade to
latest Velocity version (1.7 or 2.0).

That's why I want to move Velocity support to a plugin.

Regarding 'for which version' - no idea. Right now I'm preparing a
field for all those changes, code is very coupled in many places. Thus
will also allow in the future move other Core functionalities to
plugins.

Regards
--
Ɓukasz