struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New logo
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2013 13:52:11 GMT
On 12 Nov 2013, at 16:51, Lukasz Lenart wrote:

> 2013/11/12 Cameron Morris <cmorris@part.net>:
>> I love the look of steampunk and rickety old bridges, but I think it
>> sends
>> the wrong message for a project fighting the perception of being old
>> and
>> legacy.  I'd say the more modern looking the better.  However, some
>> of the
>> more modern bridges look so space age it might be hard to tell that
>> they
>> are bridges if they are made into a small icon.  Perhaps some of
>> these
>> might spark an idea: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=modern%20bridge
>
> Hmm... you know everything new someday will be old anyway ;-) I'd
> rather say let's focus on having cool logo and not the message it
> sends ;-)

+1 on the cool logo NOW instead of wasting more time.

Its always funny with us devs. We have a crap logo for years.
Somebody shows up and contributes a fantastic logo (compared to the
other one).
Suddenly all devs become designers and social media communicators.

Personally I am super-happy that we have such a great proposal.
And if we don't have another option (one of us devs IS a designer AND
does some work)
we should definitely consider it.

As far as I understood it, this contribution is backed by Lukasz
company. I am very grateful
for the huge effort they already put into this.

Instead of discussing completely new approaches and ideas which might
lead to even more discussion,
we all should answer these two question:

1) Can you live with the proposal logo?
2) If yes, do you prefer the dark or the bright version?

My answer to 1) is YES!!!!
My answer to 2) I LOVE BOTH

Cheers
Christian