struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Holzer" <bhol...@sgi.sk.ca>
Subject Fwd: Re: Re-organise docs
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 17:03:07 GMT
I'm in agreement with Paul on this one.

>>> Paul Benedict <pbenedict@apache.org> 05/11/2013 9:13 AM >>>
I usually find it a life-saver to see the docs of previous versions.
Not
everyone upgrades and it's impossible to compare latest syntax and
features
to what was before. I think we definitely need to keep the docs of the
previously published versions around.

If you don't want to do that, then I think the latest docs need to
contain
some sort of history on feature changes/upgrades.

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 1:34 AM, Lukasz Lenart
<lukaszlenart@apache.org>wrote:

> I'm wondering what is wrong with exposing only the latest Draft docs
> and just forget about publishing docs on each release? Thus will
> simplify keeping page update-2-date and reduce amount of time spend
on
> preparing new release.
>

> Regards
> --
> *ukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/
>
> 2013/10/30 Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlenart@apache.org>:
> > There is one problem - to include docs in the assemblies they must
be
> > downloaded with wget (there is no support for SiteExporter in
> > Jenkins).
> > So, I must add a task which will export docs from Confluence and
put
> > them under /docs and then with wget they can be downloaded to
Jenkins