struts-dev mailing list archives

From <yuki.sugawara...@hitachi-systems.com>
Subject Re:[VOTE] [FAST TRACK] Struts 2.3.15.3
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 13:51:35 GMT
Thanks Lukasz.
This is not a vote, but additional questions.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-018
> After upgrading to Struts 2.3.15.3, applications using the "action:" will stop working.

We still want the "action:" works if possible, so we have added

* struts.mapper.action.prefix.enabled
* struts.mapper.action.prefix.crossNamespaces

into struts.properties (or struts.xml) and set their value true as suggested as "Backward
Compatibility".
But "action:" did not seem to work under 2.3.15.3 environment against our expectation.
(Not 404 error like 2.3.15.2, but transit to the same page.)

(Q1) Are those additional constants effective as mentioned in new S2-018?
(Q2) Assume that the backward compatibility works, can we expect that applying 2.3.15.3 with
setting the additional constants true is still valuable as a solution to the problem "Broken
Access Control Vulnerability" targeted in S2-018?

Best regards.
Yuki Sugawara

-------