struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Strict DMI
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 15:21:30 GMT
Hi,

I'm working on extending Strict DMI mode to be enabled by default -
basically you won't be able to disable it. Thus means you will have to
define "allowedActions" and "allowedMethods" globally or per action.
There be no defaults (as for now) so if you don't define
"allowedActions"/"allowedMethods" calls like these: "myAction!show",
"method:index", "action:ListUser" won't work. I'm planning to add two
types of logic: coma separated strings and regex (so you can add "*"
but then it will be your problem ;-)

To give you a brief example:

<package name="default" extends="struts-default"
strict-dmi-mode="strings|regex">

    <global-allowed-actions>Search,Index</global-allowed-actions>
    <global-allowed-methods>index,form,input</global-allowed-methods>

    <action name="HelloWorld" class="example.HelloWorld">
       <param name="allowedActions">ListUser,EditUser</param>
       <param name="allowedMethods">index, edit, submit, form</param>
       <result>/example/HelloWorld.jsp</result>
    </action>

</package>

@Action(value ="HelloWorld", allowedActions="ListUser,EditUser",
allowedMethods="index, edit, submit, form")

I have one doubt about global configs with annotations - should I add
it to @Namespace/@ParentPackage? Or base on xml config? Or maybe
define new annotation - @Package or @StrictDMI?

Regards
--