struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject [trademark] The term "Strutsathon"
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2013 10:45:58 GMT
Hello folks,

as you know I previously invented the term "Strutsathon" for the first
Strutsathon in Augsburg:
http://strutsathon.opensource.io/

Now I saw Lukasz is using the term for one in Warsaw. I sense a pattern
and hope there will be more Strutsathons to follow!

As I invented the term "Strutsathon" I believe I have some ownership in
it, despite the fact I use the ASF trademark "Struts".
If I have any rights on it, I donate it to the project.

Then I believe we should add this term to our trademark information on
the bottom of every page:

"Copyright © 2000-2013 The Apache Software Foundation. All Rights
Reserved. Apache Struts, Struts, Strutsathon, Apache, the Apache feather
logo, and the Apache Struts project logos are trademarks of The Apache
Software Foundation."

PMC members who organize Strutsathons (or third parties whom we allowed
to do so) should write something like this to the bottom of their page:

"Apache Struts, Struts, Strutsathon and Apache are either registered
trademarks or trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation in the United
States and/or other countries, and are used with permission. The Apache
Software Foundation has no affiliation with and does not endorse, or
review the materials provided at this event, which is managed by
opensource.io."

(fyi: opensource.io is the brand i used to organize the strutsathon)

If you agree, I would like to add our new trademark here:

* www.apache.org/foundation/marks/list/index.html

And notify the trademarks team on this. I don't think there are
comparable trademarks out, we are a trend setter :-)

Finally I would like to push this kind of events and suggest we create
an official website for Struts related
events where we list for example the past event and also new events like
the Warsaw one.

Thoughts?

Cheers
Christian