struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [trademark] The term "Strutsathon"
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2013 13:21:47 GMT
On 13 Oct 2013, at 14:05, Dave Newton wrote:

> Meh. What does it matter?

You mean, why should we support Hackathons around Struts?
Or why should we protect our trademarks?

The first question is obvious. So more so better.

The second question: I followed the problems of Hadoop, CouchDB and so
on.
If we generally allow the use of the term Strutsathon we can not ask for
respecting
our trademarks if a commercial entity abuses it (in our eyes).

I believe it should be in the hands of the PMC to keep control of
Strutsathons and protecting
the trademark of it is in my opinion a first step.

Cheers
Christian

---
http://www.grobmeier.de