struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strutsathon
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 10:01:37 GMT
Hi,

thanks Lukasz for putting up the domain! It think its a great to have
such a page.
I have a few ideas for the strutsathon page. I believe we should look at
it as a place
where we connect to the community. We could:

- give information how to organize a local Strutsathon
- provide a calendar for Strutsathons AND Struts-related talks
(Christoph Nenning promised to give a talk in Munich early next year)
- link to community blogs, blog posts and so on
- maybe write a blog on our own, with summaries of latest discussions,
recent changes, how-tos… whatever. For example, some information on
the new struts-angular archetype would fit perfectly there. Also we
could allow our users to write own Struts related blogs, when they have
signed an ICLA

I think it would be good to use a Git repository for it. In addition I
would like to use Jekyll for the static generator. Jekyll is great with
templates and supports blogging. I also think its good for the
approaching documentation efforts. We can learn about Jekyll and see if
it would be good for our docs or not.

Hosting: as Jekyll can create static pages, we can use it in conjunction
with the Apache CMS somehow. There is need to find out if the CMS can
build Jekyll on its own or not. However it will be very interesting to
find out.

Currently it is hosted by GitHub if I see it correctly. If we use
Strutsathon as official Struts-resource, I believe we should host it on
ASF hardware. Or do you think different?

Cheers,
Christian

PS: Yes, I am going to help with this