struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ken McWilliams <ken.mcwilli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing links from the main page
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 20:13:58 GMT
A bit off topic, but on the subject of clean up the struts2 tag reference
has been out of date for ages with respect to telling you if the attribute
is evaluated for ognl by default or not.

http://struts.apache.org/release/2.3.x/docs/tag-reference.html

Check the "if" and "property" tags, the "test" and "value" attributes
respectively are marked as "false" under the evaluated heading which is
clearly false. As a matter of fact I can't find one instance of "true" for
any attribute under any tag!

Ascetics count. I like the new struts2 page "http://struts.apache.org/" and
kudos struts2 community on that.

However when people on stackoverflow ask when should they use "%{}" being
able to point them at the tag reference would make the most sense...