struts-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Setting up environment locally
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 06:08:40 GMT
There are two ways:
- unittests
- real small webapp, i.e. struts2-blank from apps folder

With unittests it's obvious - put breakpoint in any place of source
code and start unittest in Debug mode. With webapp is a bit harder -
open it with IDE (I'm using IDEA as the best one), setup Runtime
configuration (next to Run button) as Maven and jettty:run. Open
linked sourcecode i.e. Dispatcher class and put breakpoint in some
method i.e. serviceAction(). Start browser, hit url and wait when
breakpoint will appear.

If you don't where to put breakpoint start with entry points - filters
- and then use step by step debugging to discover the source :-)

Maybe I should make a small screencast about that ;-)

Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/