struts-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Doubting OGNL
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 10:29:16 GMT
Am 12.09.13 11:35, schrieb Lukasz Lenart:
> Hi,
>
> I have spent some time on MVEL replacement for OGNL and what I can say
> it will allow to clarify few things - like dependencies or overused
> conversion and so on. The real problem is with Xwork itself as it
> doesn't support plugins so it's a bit hard to replace OGNL in all
> places.
>
> And it would be good to have a choice - use OGNL or MVEL - just drop
> in a jar :-)

Awesome!

I looked into MVELs code. My current main concern - active development -
is still there. Last commit in MVEL was before 2 years. But the code
looks more readable than OGNL actually and is better documented.

Maybe one time in the future we can make an attempt to extract the hard
xwork dependency to OGNL and support both languages.