struts-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting up environment locally
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 13:02:57 GMT
Am 04.09.13 15:00, schrieb shekher awasthi:
> Hi  Dave,
>
> May be i was not able to put my question in proper way.
> I want to get my self familiar with struts2 internals, so my question was
> how we can set up development environment.
>
> All who actually working on struts2 development must have configured there
> working environment where they test bugs as well fix them before pushing
> them to final distribution/release.

Yes, thats how I do it. In addition of course to JUnit tests, which come
a long with all plugs.
So if you "just" want to look into f.e. the JSON plugin, make sure you
don't miss the Junit tests which do not require a lot of more settings
> @Christian
> Thanks for the help, i was not able to see any such steps in the documents,
You are right - feel free to post your experiences. We could pick them
up as documentation
> will try with the steps you mentioned, regarding IntelliJ, i don not think
> it comes as free ;)
Thats right, but worth every penny. :-)