struts-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Documentation in general
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 08:37:39 GMT
Am 04.09.13 10:29, schrieb Lukasz Lenart:
> 2013/9/4 Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com>:
>>> C'mon, it's just 5 sec! And opens doors to become committer :-)
>> Actually, it's not!
>>
>> Not everybody got a scanner or a fax round the corner. I understand it
>> is necessary, but we should not require an ICLA for typos or small
>> contributions (fixing a parameter in docs or so).
>>
>> That said, we need an ICLA, right, but we should be aware this is a
>> barrier and the difference to GitHub.
> ICLA is here to protect users so that's the difference to GitHub. I
> know plenty of companies which are rejected usage of given lib because
> of unclear legal status. IMHO it isn't a barrier if you want - you can
> ask your company to use a fax or visit post office, etc.
We don't need to discuss this further, I know what it is for.
We just need to know that potential Struts committers already have more
barriers than the average GitHub user. At least when the ICLA is on file
we need to make it as easy as possible to contribute. Compared to all
other projects I know at the ASF I think its pretty difficult to
contribute Struts